The Swarovski STS 80 HD Observation Spotting Scope sets the highest standards among spotting scopes in this category. Even with the easy-to-handle fully rubberized armor, the Swarovski STS 80 HD Spotting Scope are by far the lightest of the larger observation telescopes. You will be pleased in experiencing the quality that only comes with Swarovski spotting scopes. Swarovski takes great pride in all of their products, ensuring every detail is up to standards through rigorous testing and precision manufacturing. Thanks to a recalculated optical system, the Swarovski STS-80 HD Scope offers a precise observation of detail, optimum edge-to-edge images and almost 100 per cent color fidelity with an extremely wide field of view, thereby achieving a revolutionary image quality.
Specifications for Swarovski STS 80 Straight-Body Spotting Scope:
|Exit Pupil Diameter (mm):||4.0-1.3|
|Field of view (ft/1000 yards):||118-66|
|Field of view (degrees):||2.1-1.1|
|Field of View for eyeglass wearers (degrees):||2.1-1.1|
|Field of View apparent (degrees):||40-65|
|Light Transmission (%) total product:||82|
|Effective Objective Lens Diameter (mm):||80|
|Eye Relief (mm):||17|
|Shortest focusing Distance (ft):||16.4|
|Diopter Correction at infinity (dpt):||>5|
|Objective filter thread:||M 82 x 0.75|
|Focal Length with TLS APO (mm):||600-1800|
|Functional Temperature:||-13 °F to +131 °F (-25 °C / +55 °C)|
|Storage Temperature:||-22 °F to +158 °F (-30 °C / +70 °C)|
|Submersion Tightness:||13 ft (4 m) water depth (filled with nitrogen)|
Features of Swarovski STS80HD Spotting Scope:
- Extremely high-quality optical system for totally natural color reproduction and precision observation of detail, even when light conditions are poor
- HD (High Definition) instruments helps to eradicate the slightest chromatic zonal aberrations and contributes to a more faithful color image.
- Very light weight of only 1330 g/46.9 oz. By far the lightest of the larger observation telescopes.
- Extremely short close focusing down to only 16 ft (5 m).
- Easy-grip ergonomically positioned focusing ring with larger grooves for quick and precise focusing.
- Removable aid for quick target pick-up.
- Integrate objective lens protection. Stops glare and diffused light as well as protecting against rain and snow. Lock mechanism in ultimate extended position: cannot move on its own and silent to handle.
- Automatic safeguard against accidental unscrewing of the eyepieces.
- Full field of view even for spectacle wearers due to individually adjustable twist-in eyecups.
- Fast and easy mounting on Swarovski tripods without additional plate (standardized foot). Fits also all Tripods with 1/4" and 3/8" threads.
- Large and easy-to-operate focusing ring even with gloves on.
- Easily removable lens cap.
- Compact and fits easily in hand-luggage.
- Extremely light, but very sturdy light alloy housing.
- The fully rubberized armoring for shock absorption and noise reduction is easy to handle even in cold weather.
- Internal focusing for dust proof and watertight qualities (up to a depth of 13 ft or 4 m).
- Full objective lens protection and objective lens thread for screw-in filters.